Between the 15th and the 30th of October, The International 2022, one of the biggest esports tournaments in the world, will take place. It’ll be a proving ground for twenty of the best Dota 2 teams in the business, and they’ll be fighting it out for the lion’s share of the (at present) $13 million prize pool. Today, we’re taking a look at the tournament from top to bottom, working with Betway Esports’ odds to bring you the hottest TI 2022 predictions.
If you’re a fan of esports betting – and more importantly, Dota 2 betting – you seriously cannot miss this tournament. It’s easily the most valuable esports tournament in the world, and in 2021, it broke records, ultimately boasting a prize pool worth more than $40 million. There are few tournaments that are exciting as The International, and it’s one of the most betted on esports events of the year.
Without further ado, let’s break down the top TI 2022 predictions and find out what the odds are looking like for this tournament.
The International 2022 Predictions: How It Works
The International is a relatively short Dota 2 tournament, lasting just fifteen days. It’s quite a quickfire event compared to other, lengthier competitions that can unfold over a period of several weeks. From the 15th to the 30th of October, in Singapore, The International will play out, transitioning through just two stages. Firstly, there’s the Group Stage, which leads into the Main Event, which of course will house the Grand Final.
Here’s a clearer breakdown of The International 2022 schedule for ease of understanding:
- Group Stage – October 15th – October 18th
- Twenty teams split into two groups of ten, single round-robin format.
- Only four teams will be eliminated at this stage of the tournament.
- Main Event – October 20th – 23rd, then October 29th – October 30th
- Sixteen teams enter a double-elimination bracket, eight in the upper, and eight in the lower.
For those interested in The International betting, the most important stage is the Main Event. This is where almost every esports betting site will focus its gaze, identifying the most competitive markets for bettors to enjoy. As one of our key TI 2022 predictions, we’ll say that this year, the markets are hotter than ever, and they’re available right now. If you’ve got a favourite team ahead of the tournament, you can head over to Betway Esports and place a wager, backing them to win the entire event.
How to Bet on The International 2022
There are markets for The International on almost every betting site out there, but for our breakdown of TI 2022 predictions, we’re using Betway Esports’ markets. This is a top-tier betting site that has provided Dota 2 odds for many years, and it’s one of the most reputable, secure platforms around. If you’re just getting started with The International betting, you’ll feel right at home with Betway Esports, as it’s equal parts accessible and aesthetically pleasing.
There are only a few steps to consider when getting started with Dota 2 betting on Betway Esports. It’s as easy as navigating to the platform, signing up and creating a betting account, funding your wallet, and placing your bets. As this is a top-tier tournament, you’ll want to pay special attention to any promotions, bonuses, or offers that are ongoing on the Betway Esports platform. These bonuses will typically boost your deposits or provide you with advantageous special features that are designed to enhance your experience.
It doesn’t matter if you’re playing basic, outright markets or trying your luck with the more exotic markets, Betway Esports has you covered. If you’re totally new to the practice, we recommend checking out our guide that explains how to bet on esports in general.
TI 2022 Predictions: Which Teams Could Win?
Last year, the Russian team, Team Spirit, stormed to victory against all odds, beating the tournament favourites, PSG.LGD, to secure the $18 million first-place prize. It was a monumental moment that cemented Team Spirit as one of the best Dota 2 teams in the world. Every year, the best organisations on Earth flock to The International, desperate to earn big and secure one of the biggest prizes in modern esports.
This year, there are three main teams that are at the top of the TI 2022 predictions table: OG, PSG.LGD, and Team Spirit. These are the top-rated teams at the moment, and they’ve all had a fantastic season thus far. Here’s a quick breakdown of these teams and their potential to win The International 2022:
- PSG.LGD – This is the number one team where The International odds are concerned. Last year, this world-class Chinese squad came in second place against Team Spirit, and it was just weeks ago that PSG.LGD won big at the Riyadh Masters 2022 tournament, a victory that netted them a $1.5m prize.
- OG – This is, statistically, the best Dota 2 team to ever perform at The International, securing back-to-back wins in 2018 and 2019. In the last 12 months, OG has won both the ESL One Malaysia event and ESL One Stockholm, securing more than $2 million in prize money in a single year.
- Team Spirit – This organisation enters The International as the reigning champion, desperate to defend the crown. Recently, Team Spirit beat PSG.LGD at the PGL Arlington Major, fuelling the team with a fresh burst of momentum that may see the squad pull through at The International and win two years in a row.
Of course, there is a wide range of teams that are coming into the competition as underdog sides. There are huge odds on these outsider teams, and an experienced, seasoned bettor might be able to recognise the value in backing a ‘low-level’ organisation. Here’s the breakdown of the Dota 2 odds, taken directly from Betway Esports’ platform:
- PSG.LGD 3.00
- OG 7.00
- Team Spirit 7.00
- Entity 10.00
- Team Aster 10.00
- Royal Never Give Up 12.00
- Tundra Esports 17.00
- TSM 19.00
- BOOM Esports 21.00
- Evil Geniuses 21.00
- Gaimin Gladiators 23.00
- Soniqs 23.00
- BetBoom Team 29.00
- Beastcoast 29.00
- Thunder Awaken 29.00
- Fnatic 34.00
- Talon Esports 34.00
- Hokori 67.00
(At the time of writing this TI 2022 predictions guide, both of the Last Chance Qualifier teams are yet to be confirmed)
TI 2022 Predictions: The Markets
So, that’s our recommendations for The International 2022 predictions, and we’re sure they’ll serve you well. But, outside of the typical outright winner markets, there are many more odds to be found – particularly on Betway Esports. If you’re dabbling in some Dota 2 betting, you’ll ideally want to know which markets are the most popular, particularly where The International is concerned.
Here are some of the key Dota 2 markets you’ll want to consider:
- Match Winner, one of the easiest markets to understand, and typically, a 50-50 split.
- Correct Score, a market that requires a little team knowledge, but again, relatively easy to understand.
- Kills Odd Or Even, a market that is mostly driven by luck, as nobody can truly predict what will happen in the match.
- Map x Team to Draw First Blood, this one typically comes down to the odds themselves, and again, it can be hard to accurately predict which team will strike first.
- Any Team To Go 0 – 18 / 18 – 0 In Group Stage, this is a high-stakes market that is unique to Dota 2, and winning it is dependent on a given team refusing to either lose or win a single match.
- Region of Winner, a market that is an absolute classic – this simply involves predicting which region in the world the winning team will hail from.
- Prize Pool to Beat Record, a market that allows bettors to wager on whether or not the prize pool will beat previous records. However, this year, it seems very unlikely that the prize pool will soar above the $40m record.
That ultimately brings our TI 2022 predictions piece to a close – we hope you have a great time betting on The International! Remember that while all the top esports betting sites will offer markets for The International, it’s a great idea to invest your hard-earned money on the Betway Esports platform.