Blackjack is the most popular card game and one that can be found at all important online casinos. Easy to learn and difficult to master, this game appeals to beginners, while being cherished by professionals. If you are new to the game and want to learn how to win at black jack every time, this guide can help you. We go over the rules, analyze the core game mechanics and check out some of the most popular strategies to see if they work or not.
How to Play and How to Win at Black Jack Every Time?
When you play blackjack, the goal is to make a hand that is better than the dealer’s. In order to do so, the cards total needs to be as close as possible to 21. The best hand in blackjack is 21, made with an ace and a 10-value card, while the worst-case scenario is going bust. Players get both cards facing up, while one of the dealer’s cards is concealed. With this information, players need to decide how many more cards they want to improve their hand above the dealers. Before you learn how to always win at blackjack, it’s important to master these key terms and game mechanics.
Player’s Hand and Actions
- You can ask for another card to improve your hand’s total and this action is called hit
- When you are happy with your hand you stand, which means that you don’t take more cards
- When pairs are dealt players, they can split and effectively play with two separate hands
- The Double Down mechanic allows you to draw just one more card and double the bet
- Surrender refunds half the stakes if you expect to lose the hand and choose to give up
- If the dealer gets an ace as an up card you can pay Insurance and check for blackjack.
Dealer’s Hand and Actions
- The dealer wins if his hand total is closer to 21 than the player’s or if the latter busts
- Dealers must hit at hand totals of 16 or less, regardless of the player’s cards.
- At soft 17 hands dealers must hit and they have to stand at hard 17.
- Dealers must stand at any hands total of 18 or above, regardless of the player’s cards.
How to Always Win at Blackjack – Effective Strategies that Work
Blackjack is the game with a tiny house edge, which means that players enjoy an average return of nearly 99%. In order to capitalize on these exceptional odds, one would have to use optimal strategy and rely on math rather than intuition. If you want to learn how to win at black jack every time, you should strive to incorporate these four rules in any gaming session.
Use proper bankroll management in blackjack
The first thing that prospective players must do is to adjust their stakes based on the size of the bankroll. Find casinos that offer flexible betting limits at blackjack tables, so you don’t invest more than 5% of your bankroll during each gaming session. Take your time with free games and only move to real money blackjack when you have mastered the rules.
Always split aces and eights
Casinos allow you to split blackjack pairs and continue the game with two separate hands. The decision to split most pairs depends on the dealer’s up card, yet aces and eights are different. You get the best odds of winning if you always split these pairs, regardless of what the dealer holds. Splitting aces gives you the chance to make 21 with any 10-value card, although you won’t be paid as for natural blackjack.
Play games where the dealer stands on soft 17
If you want to learn how to win at black jack every time, you need to choose the right version of the game. The differences between dealers standing at soft or hard 17 seem negligible, but they translate into a house edge of 0.22%. Ideally, you should find casinos that offer blackjack games where the dealer must stand at soft 17 to improve your odds of winning.
Choose blackjack games with double down options
Most blackjack games will allow players to use the double down mechanic, but some restrict it to 10s and Aces. Try to find casinos that allow you to double down on any two cards, to take advantage of fleeting opportunities. Don’t overdo it and exercise caution when using the double down mechanic, so you don’t burn through your bankroll too quickly.